ndsgamersforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

debate!objection!take that!hold it!

+5
jakerz798
Ichigo Kurosaki
Zxblood
tehuber1337
kisuke_hc
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

debate!objection!take that!hold it! - Page 2 Empty Re: debate!objection!take that!hold it!

Post  tehuber1337 Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Oh, please. You want a fanboy fight? I decline. Both systems are great in their own right.

<wall o' text>

The DS and PSP are two extremely different systems, which cater for different aspects of the market. They are, as a result, incomparable. Any attempt to compare them is always flawed by bias and misinformation.
there are games where the usage of the touch screen seems to be put in just to be there!
Such as Advance Wars, which you mentioned as having "full use of the touch screen". Have you even tried playing AW with the touch screen? It sucks.
On the other hand, there are times when a touch screen for the PSP would be much appreciated. The PSP keyboard is a pain in the ass to use, especially when trying to enter WEP/WPA keys.
Sales for the PSP and the PS3 have gone up exponentially in the past year or so, but that is beside the point.
Firstly, sales are no indicator of which system is "better". Rising PSP sales can be attributed to Monster Hunter being released, and PS3 sales can be attributed to blu-ray having won the format war.
Secondly, "exponential" is hardly an accurate description of the rising sales.
On the other hand, DS sales have been stagnating, perhaps due in part to the large numbers of people that already have one (or more).
The PSP was introduced as not only a gaming machine, but a multi-media player as well. This is one of the PSP's strong points. Without modding the system you can listen to music, watch movies, and surf the web, all on one hand-held console.
This is why many gamers dislike the PSP, saying that it focuses on the media rather than the games. They also quote Sony's propensity for unique memory cards as being costly and unneceessary.
But, the quality of media on the PSP is indeed superior to media quality on the DS.
Now, before you get technical and say the DS could surf the web, I dare you to use the DS web browser and enjoy yourself, its not possible! lol
Firstly, having internet does not normally guarantee joy.
Secondly, joy is possible to have via any medium, whether it be the DS or the PSP. Hell, some people take joy in feeling pain.
While Brain Age was fun, how many more versions and clones do we have to produce until we realize that we are just doing school work?
If school was ever as easy as just doing 20 calculations as fast as you can, you can see why the world is full of idiots.
As for the PSP... Yes, there were tons of fun games back in the 80's and 90's but why do you have to bring them back in these 10 games in 1 anthology series! We want NEW games! Not old games with new soundtracks... Sheesh! lol
You're complaining about game anthologies on the PSP? Konami and Namco both have anthologies on the DS, and don't forget the large number of NES ports on the GBA that were all sold individually for full price.
the PSP is really the better system
I say again, there is no "better". It all boils down to the tastes of the individual. Some people may like the innovative features of the DS, others may enjoy the huge power and resultant potential of the PSP.
Sure it had a sucky start, but the games out now are good.
This is perhaps one of the PSP's greatest pitfalls. As they say, the problem with first impressions is that you only get to make one. Undoubtedly, there remains many a stubborn gamer who refuses to accept the PSP or the DS as a legitimate system.

</wall o' text>

In summary, one system's strength is another's weakness. I say once more, the DS and the PSP are incomparable.
tehuber1337
tehuber1337
Ban kai
Ban kai

Number of posts : 156
point : 50
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

debate!objection!take that!hold it! - Page 2 Empty Re: debate!objection!take that!hold it!

Post  benaji Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:31 pm

That was a lot of reading! Shocked
benaji
benaji
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 353
point : 98
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jakerz798 Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 am

Sales for the PSP and the PS3 have gone up exponentially in the past year or so, but that is beside the point.
"Firstly, sales are no indicator of which system is "better". Rising PSP sales can be attributed to Monster Hunter being released, and PS3 sales can be attributed to blu-ray having won the format war.
Secondly, "exponential" is hardly an accurate description of the rising sales.
On the other hand, DS sales have been stagnating, perhaps due in part to the large numbers of people that already have one (or more)".

Ok, maybe you missed what I ended this section with... I said it was beside the point.
jakerz798
jakerz798
Special Shinigami
Special Shinigami

Number of posts : 40
point : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-17

http://www.myspace.com/jakerz798

Back to top Go down

Post  tehuber1337 Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Ok, maybe you missed what I ended this section with... I said it was beside the point.
So was my response to it.
sales are no indicator of which system is "better"
The rest of that paragraph was explaining why.
tehuber1337
tehuber1337
Ban kai
Ban kai

Back to top Go down

Post  jakerz798 Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:34 am

Ok. I just don't know why you would respond to a point that was already made. You aren't very good at "declining" a debate. lol You've said the most out of all of us! lol
jakerz798
jakerz798
Special Shinigami
Special Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post  tehuber1337 Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:38 am

You aren't very good at "declining" a debate. lol You've said the most out of all of us! lol
No, I was declining the chance to partake in a fanboy fight. My post was about how neither system is "better".
tehuber1337
tehuber1337
Ban kai
Ban kai

Back to top Go down

Post  jakerz798 Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:49 am

If you aren't going to debate, then make your own topic. I'll even back you up on it! You're 100% right, neither system is better. I just like the PSP personally.
jakerz798
jakerz798
Special Shinigami
Special Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post  tehuber1337 Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:06 am

If you aren't going to debate, then make your own topic.
I've already debated, just not in the way most people would expect.
tehuber1337
tehuber1337
Ban kai
Ban kai

Back to top Go down

Post  benaji Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:18 am

I see...
Well, tehuber1337, I'm done with our little quandary. It was fun, but I'm done now. geek
benaji
benaji
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jakerz798 Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:22 am

I second that motion! lol This is really going no where.
jakerz798
jakerz798
Special Shinigami
Special Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post  Zxblood Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:52 pm

The NDS and PSP are both great handheld systems.. End of story.

Zxblood
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 100
point : 30
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Ichigo Kurosaki Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:45 pm

im late on the debate,, is it over already??
Ichigo Kurosaki
Ichigo Kurosaki
Ban kai
Ban kai

point : 52

Back to top Go down

Post  tehuber1337 Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Apparently so.
tehuber1337
tehuber1337
Ban kai
Ban kai

Back to top Go down

Post  benaji Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am

Well, start up another one. tongue
benaji
benaji
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

debate!objection!take that!hold it! - Page 2 Empty Teh is right!!

Post  Canny Wed May 07, 2008 7:06 pm

PSP sucks!!!! cheers
DS 4 ever!!!I think so: look at game libraries!!!Most of the great titles are remakes of old games..Where's originality?I would like to buy PSP only for playing old PSX RPGs!!!
Canny
Canny
Special Shinigami
Special Shinigami

Number of posts : 25
point : 10

Back to top Go down

debate!objection!take that!hold it! - Page 2 Empty What I mean

Post  Canny Wed May 07, 2008 7:07 pm

I mean:game library on PSP is too poor to improve PSP sales!
Canny
Canny
Special Shinigami
Special Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post  benaji Thu May 08, 2008 5:03 am

You not only have to look at the game library, but the quality of the system itself.
Although I do agree with Canny. I love the DS games more than the PSP. PSP has really pimp games, but my heart goes to DS for now. Smile
benaji
benaji
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

debate!objection!take that!hold it! - Page 2 Empty Why ?

Post  Canny Thu May 08, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm buying portable system for playin' games,not for watching films or admiring system qualities!!!There were some powerful systems that never had succes ( Bandai Pippin or Atari Jaguar,for example ). Exclamation
Canny
Canny
Special Shinigami
Special Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum